Arixtra® Injection (Pre-filled)
Each pre-filled syringe (0.5 ml) contains 2.5 mg of fondaparinux sodium
1. Prevention of Venous Thromboembolic Events (VTE) in adults undergoing major orthopaedic surgery of the lower limbs such as hip fracture, major knee surgery or hip replacement surgery.
2. Prevention of Venous Thromboembolic Events (VTE) in adults undergoing abdominal surgery who are judged to be at high risk of thromboembolic complications, such as patients undergoing abdominal cancer surgery
3. Prevention of Venous Thromboembolic Events (VTE) in adult medical patients who are judged to be at high risk for VTE and who are immobilised due to acute illness such as cardiac insufficiency and/or acute respiratory disorders, and/or acute infectious or inflammatory disease.
4. Treatment in patients with UA/NSTEMI (Unstable Angina/Non-ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction) not undergoing PCI
5. Treatment in patients with STEMI (ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction) either treated with thrombolytic drugs or not undergoing reperfusion therapy